Fighting With My Family Review

Fighting With My Family Review

Fight with my family attempts to tell the story of the transition from the British indies to WWE made by WWE superstar Paige. The film is very entertaining and succeeds at creating drama and very funny moments. Whilst the film is filled with inaccuracies, it acts as an interesting insight into the life  of Paige despite being incredibly inaccurate. However I found the cinematography to be quite basic and some of the acting to be lacking.

One thing the film succeeds incredibly at is comedy. I personally found that the comedy was well spaced out and used when appropriate. Scenes like the opening or the dinner scene where Paige and Zak find out about their WWE tryouts to be very good. The jokes in the film appeal to adults and children alongside wrestling fans and non wrestling fans. I feel that the best comedic moments where the ones that featured Nick Frost who played Roy Knight, Paige's dad. Personally I also found the scene with Sheamus and the Big Show to be quite funny as well I don't think it'll appeal to non wrestling fans that much. Overall comedy in this film is great and makes a very enjoyable experience to go and see.

The drama in this film is intense and I really think this is due to Jack Lowden's portrayal of Zak Knight. I feel that he was to show emotion through subtle things like facial expression and tone very well. The drama in the film doesn't feel out of place and suits as story like this perfectly. My personal favourite scene when it comes to drama is when Paige is getting in the van to go to America, this is one of my favourite scenes from Jack Lowden simply based off of his facial expression and body language. This scene, at least for me, changed how I viewed the character of Zak and I believe this scene showed a sudden change in tone for the film. In whole the usage and implementation of drama in the film is very good and adds a feeling of realism to it.

The acting in the film is great, there wasn't really a moment where I thought that the acting was dreadful and I feel the cast had good chemistry. Nick Frost and Jack Lowden stand out in my opinion but Florence Pugh isn't far behind them. Florence had her best scenes when around Jack Lowden and this is due to the two having great chemistry. I feel acting while there's not much to say but I feel the casting of the characters was good.

My main issues with the film are mainly focused in last parts of the film. I feel that the AJ Lee match could Mohave been more well handled as in maybe seeing more of Aj. One thing that bothers me is how the story makes these interesting plot lines like the girls from the beginning being harsh on wrestling I feel that that should have had an ending of some sorts and same with this issue Paige has in the film about her body image. This body image story line seems to have been forgotten about at the end. My final issue is that the film could have gone on a bit longer and end with Paige's retirement, if they did this I feel the film would have felt more finished if that makes sense as in the story would have had a more satisfying ending.

Overall the film is great and really draws in the viewer to an interesting take on the wrestling buisness. I personally rate it 8.25/10, it is a good film that a lot of people would enjoy but suffers from both being a bit too short and filled with too many lose ends. I feel the film will satisfy anyone who goes to see it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neville in ring return, WWE Super Show Down, WWE working with WXW and more. WoWB 13

How heels should be done in wrestling

ROH star backstage at Raw, ROH star Debuts on NXT, Tyler Breeze going to NXT, NXT UK Takeover, Huge European star to NXT and more