ROH star backstage at Raw, ROH star Debuts on NXT, Tyler Breeze going to NXT, NXT UK Takeover, Huge European star to NXT and more

World of Wrestling Blog 19

At this weeks Raw, ROH star Silas Young was spotted backstage. Whilst I'm not familiar with his work from what I've seen he's a very WWE style wrestler as in he sort of reminds me of Triple H for some reason. He also seems to be good on the mic and could be a good addition to the roster but I hope he starts off on NXT as I feel that this is best way to get him a fanbase in WWE. I recommend looking at his match with ACH on YouTube as whilst it isn't the best match you'll ever see I feel it's a good introduction.
       Onto another ROH star being joining WWE, Punishment Martinez made his debut on NXT at the recent tapings. On his debut he faced Matt Riddle and after the match Riddle was attacked by Khasius Ohno. Whilst ,like Young , I'm quite unfamiliar with his work and I think seeing him on NXT would be a good introduction to him.
      Talking about the recent NXT tapings, Tyler Breeze returned to the place that made him. In case you didn't know, Tyler's days in NXT were the best in his career and in fact he had the only match Jushin Thunder Liger has had in WWE. Tyler is good wrestler and that's why I'm even happier as he faced Ricochet at the tapings. I honestly hope he stays in NXT for a while so as to rebuild himself up again plus I'd love to see get into feuds with people on the roster like EC3 and Adam Cole.
       Recently in the weekend it has been confirmed that the first ever NXT UK Takeover will be taking place in Blackpool at same arena the first U.K. Championship tournament took place in. This is huge news for the brand and open up the possibility for things like NXT UK Takeover Birmingham, London and Glasgow. This also shows the commitment WWE is now giving to the brand and I think that's important for both the growth of the brand and WWE's expansion in the UK. Personally I'm excited to see how this show turns out and how it stands up against NXT's show.
       Continuing on NXT UK recently when certain stars resigned their contracts at the recent NXT UK tapings some new clauses were added. Essentially NXT UK wrestlers can only wrestle in brands WWE allow, like WXW and Progress, which already is a big shock but also they are no longer allowed to have matches with the roster members of rival companies, like NJPW wrestlers and wrestlers from WOS. This comes with a pay rise for the wrestlers so as to make up for the los of dates.
       Recently it has been rumoured that Austrian star Walter is going to WWE. Wether this is true or not this is quite big news as firstly it shows an increase in cooperation between WWE and WXW which is quite interesting in the first place but also this could mean that WWE will either expand the NXT UK brand to Europe or start a NXT Europe. I say this as Walter has stated multiple times that he doesn't want to ove to America or work there for an extended period of time. He was also offered a contract by New Japan declined it for the same reason. Overall I hope Walter is used well if he is hired as he is probably one of the best stars in recent times.
      Onto some minor stuff, Lars Sullivan is moving to the main roster which could be could but I thought he needed more development in NXT. A great match has been announced for the next Progress show, the match is Ilja Dagunov vs Travis Banks and I believe that this will be phenomenal. Strowman has had elbow surgery due to an injury and may not recover in time for TLC which is a shame but I wouldn't be surprised if WWE have plans ready in case he can't make it. Finally something you could argue is not that minor but Fox want Ronda Rousey on Smackdown and this is something I don't know what to make of, I mean I guess it's big but this could make it more easier to book a Rousey vs Lynch match.
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neville in ring return, WWE Super Show Down, WWE working with WXW and more. WoWB 13

How heels should be done in wrestling